- 4 large Vidalia Onions, sliced thick
- 2 Tbs Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 c Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 c sherry
- 2/3 c chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Saute onions in 1/2 stick butter until translucent. Add in nutmeg.
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and stir until combined.
- Add chicken broth and sherry and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer this mixture to a greased shallow baking dish and then sprinkle with the bread crumbs and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or, 30 minutes if you have refrigerated the casserole.